[Haskell-cafe] OT: Good Linux distro for netbook + Haskell?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Apr 24 16:43:07 EDT 2009

I've decided to shop around for other options when it comes to a Debian
distro to put on my Eee PC 900.  Since it has no HDD I want something
that isn't too bloated (some is all right) and ideally leaves up to me
what to install and what not to.  At the same time I'd like to have
up-to-date Haskell packages in the native packaging system available
(sure, cabal-install is all right for the odd package, but I'd rather
use the native packaging system).

Debian Sid would be a contender, though (no offence, I know they work
hard) it's often slow in providing the latest versions of packages.

Arch Linux is very up-to-date, but I'm not convinced it's a distro
suitable for an Eee without HDD (I'm prepared to be proven wrong though).

Is there something else out there I should be looking at?

/M

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts