[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: Utrecht Haskell Compiler (UHC) -- first release

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Tue Apr 21 10:41:24 EDT 2009

I think the only way your release is going to get significant feedback
is when it's ready to compile substantial existing Haskell programs
unaltered.
I might try UHC on some toy example for a few minuts, but if it falls
over when I give it code that I've already written I'll soon give up
using it.

I don't know what state UHC is in rigth now, because it doesn't
install with cabal and I'm too lazy to install by hand.

I think the bar for entry into the Haskell compiler market is pretty
high these days.  Not only do you need to support (98% of) Haskell 98,
but you also need to support the most commonly used extensions.

Still, I think it's great to see another Haskell compiler!

  -- Lennart