[Haskell-cafe] Re: Best text editor

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Tue Apr 14 18:57:08 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 11:34 +0200, Achim Schneider wrote:

> Yes, and I figured I'd have to edit the keymap to get productive. While
> it features a fully functional subset of vim that's more than enough to
> efficiently edit files, it's not the subset I use... and then I was too
> lazy to actually do it.

As one of the Yi developers, I'd love to hear some more specific
feedback on this. Do you remember any specific Vim features that were
missing?

> Documentation is badly lacking, too, it's like trying to configure
> xmonad without xmonad-contrib and all the docs.

This is slowly improving, and Yi's haddock documentation now builds
fine. This should soon be available on Hackage also, when the Haddock
there is upgraded.

Jeff Wheeler