[Haskell-cafe] UPDATE: haskellmode for Vim now at projects.haskell.org (+screencast; -)

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Tue Apr 7 08:29:07 EDT 2009

Hi Claus,

I've installed the vimball, and it spit a few errors at me. In particular, it
couldn't find the haddock documentation directory. A quick look at
haskell_doc.vim shows that it should autodetect the directory. However, for
some reason my ghc-pkg command returns the doc directory twice:

  $ ghc-pkg field base haddock-html
  haddock-html: /usr/local/ghc-6.10.1/share/doc/ghc/libraries/base
  haddock-html: /usr/local/ghc-6.10.1/share/doc/ghc/libraries/base

The haskell_doc.vim contains the following line, which seems to deal with
multiple lines:

  let field = substitute(system(g:ghc_pkg . ' field base haddock-html'),'\n','','')

However, this simply concats the lines, which obviously makes a mess of the
output and makes the detection fail. I've made things work by throwing away
everything except for the first line, by replacing the above line with:

  let field = substitute(system(g:ghc_pkg . ' field base haddock-html'),'\n.*','','')

This solution works for me, though it might be better to iterate all lines and
try each of them in turn, for the case that ghc-pkg returns different paths? I
can't really think of a case why this would be needed, though.

Gr.

Matthijs