[Haskell-cafe] Configuring cabal dependencies at install-time

Jeff Heard jefferson.r.heard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:53:15 EDT 2009

Is there a way to do something like autoconf and configure
dependencies at install time?  Building buster, I keep adding
dependencies and I'd like to keep that down to a minimum without the
annoyance of littering Hackage with dozens of packages.  For instance,
today I developed an HTTP behaviour and that of course requires
network and http, which were previously not required.  I'm about to
put together a haxr XML-RPC behaviour as well, and that of course
would add that much more to the dependency list.  HaXml, haxr, and
haxr-th most likely.

so... any way to do that short of making a bunch of separate packages
with one or two modules apiece?  Otherwise I'm thinking of breaking
things up into buster, buster-ui, buster-network, buster-console, and
buster-graphics to start and adding more as I continue along.

-- Jeff