[Haskell-cafe] Haskell versus F#, OCaml, et. al. ...

Mitchell, Neil neil.mitchell.2 at credit-suisse.com
Tue Sep 30 03:59:30 EDT 2008

> > For libraries F# is probably superior to all, as it has
> libraries for
> > virtually everything, and can interoperate seamlessly with
> COM and .NET.
> > I doubt there will be any library functionality that can't
> be found or
> > bought.
>
> Libraries for monad transformers

I found lots of stuff for Monads:

http://blogs.msdn.com/wesdyer/archive/2008/01/11/the-marvels-of-monads.a
spx

http://blogs.msdn.com/lukeh/archive/2007/08/19/monadic-parser-combinator
s-using-c-3-0.aspx

No Monad transformers yet, but I have seen GADT's in C# (which means
they probably work in F# too).

> or comonadic streams? ;)

Google doesn't even know what this is!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22comonadic%20streams%22&meta=

(of course, it will in a day or so, when it sees this message)

Thanks

Neil