[Haskell-cafe] Haskell versus F#, OCaml, et. al. ...

minh thu noteed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 03:29:44 EDT 2008

2008/9/30 Galchin, Vasili <vigalchin at gmail.com>:

> thanks .. ... just trying to get an objective viewpoint and see where the
> "holes" are ...

[...]
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:

[...]
>> Without more information, all we can really do is an overview.
>>
>> There's almost 800 Haskell libraries on hackage.haskell.org (millions of
>> lines of code). On average, 2 new libraries are released each day
>> (though 12 new libs were released in the last 24 hours). That's 700 new
>> libraries a year at the current rate.
>>
>> If I visit Arch Linux, I find,
[...]

Haskell is growing really fast (in community, libraries and tools). But, Vasili,
Dons pushes a lot into Arch, so although he gives a correct statement, you
shouldn't build your point of view relying only on that part of his answer....

Just rember the number about the Haskell libraries (and the fact it is
growing), not
the particular state in Arch (which seems a very nice place to use
haskell, I'm new to
Arch for a few days now...).

Cheers,
Thu