[Haskell-cafe] Hmm, what license to use?

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun Sep 28 14:48:33 EDT 2008

On 26 Sep 2008, at 08:24, Magnus Therning wrote:
> I've heard that the OCaml crowd uses a modified LGPL with a static
> linking exception.  Unfortunately I've also heard that their addition
> to LGPL hasn't gotten much review by lawyers, I'd much rather use
> something that feels less ad hoc, if you get what I mean.

It's not just O'Caml that adds a "static-linking exception" clause to
the LGPL.
Examples of other projects using a similar exception include
     wxWidgets    http://www.wxwidgets.org/about/newlicen.htm
     FLTK         http://www.fltk.org/articles.php?L364+I0+TFAQ+M10+P1+Q

and in the Haskell world:
     wxHaskell    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/License