[Haskell-cafe] Hmm, what license to use?

Jonathan Cast jonathanccast at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 26 11:51:23 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 12:17 +0200, Thomas Davie wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2008, at 12:12, Janis Voigtlaender wrote:
>
> > Manlio Perillo wrote:
> >> When I compare GPL and MIT/BSD licenses, I do a simple reasoning.
> >> Suppose a doctor in a battle field meet a badly injuried enemy.
> >> Should he help the enemy?
> >
> > I'm so glad I don't understand this ;-)
>
> Should you decide not to give someone something based on the fact that
> you either don't like them, or don't like what they'll do with the
> thing you give them.

I think the standard answer to your question is that you get the enemy
to *surrender* first, patch him up enough to move him, and then stick
him in a POW camp for the duration, or until you get something in return
for releasing him.

I would never patch someone up so he can go back to *shooting* at me, or
my friends.  Never.

jcc