[Haskell-cafe] Microsoft's Craig Mundie outlines the future of computing

Lihn, Steve horng_twu_lihn at merck.com
Thu Sep 25 12:14:55 EDT 2008

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13953_3-10050826-80.html?part=rss&subj=news&ta
g=2547-1_3-0-5

"We have to see a paradigm change in the way we write applications." He
also said that software development hasn't graduated to become a formal
engineering discipline. "The resilience of systems is not up to the
task," he said. "We have to master the transition to a parallel
programming environment, with highly distributed, concurrent systems.
It's nascent at this point but it's required to achieve these
capabilities."

Sounds like Haskell will fit well in this future world.

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete it from your system.