[Haskell-cafe] MetaHDBC paper

Mads Lindstrøm mads_lindstroem at yahoo.dk
Thu Sep 18 06:38:00 EDT 2008

Hi all,

In May I started a Haskell-cafe discussions[1], where I proposed using
Template Haskell to do type-safe database access. The idea got well
received and turned into the MetaHDBC library[2].

Concurrently with development I also wrote a paper describing
MetaHDBC. I have never writing a paper before, and I therefore tried
to imitate the best by following Simon PJ's slides and video about
writing papers in [3].

A draft of the paper can be found here [4]. Your opportunity to
influence the paper is large, as my limited paper-writing experience
means I have little preconception about what a good paper looks
like. I would especially like comments about the overall quality of
the paper, can it be called scientific and comments about anything I
could do to improve the paper. And remember, if commenting, honest is
better than polite.

Greetings,

Mads Lindstrøm

[1]