[Haskell-cafe] Climbing up the shootout...

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 06:26:40 EDT 2008

Hello Jules,

>> performance. what we have on prcatice is 10-20% speedup of ghc 6.8 and
>> several libs which may improve speed in some usages

> If you understand performance as well as you claim to - and from your
> you will know that "10-20% speedup" is almost entirely meaningless in
> isolation.

> Any given particular program has a bottleneck; this bottleneck may be

that's good when we consider optimization of specific program, in my
own one bottlenecks are studied and rewritten either in C or low-level
Haskell

but when we say about compiler speed, we are forced to sau about some
average values. these numbers are given by GHC developers, i seen the
same on one test of my own, several bottlenecks fixed can't say too
much good things about ghc - it's not that now we are 100x fatser than
C at least sometimes, it's what we have fioxed some cases when we was
100x slower

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com