[Haskell-cafe] Climbing up the shootout...

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 20:51:44 EDT 2008

Hello Chaddaï,

Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 4:39:18 AM, you wrote:

>> it isn't the same as readInt which was added specifically for this
>> test. it doesn't support arbitrary-size streams and doesn't return
>> rest of stream

> I think we should write all the entries in Haskell98 and disable any
> optimisation in GHC too, that would gives us a much fairer vision of
> Haskell current performances.

well, it's what C developers does. just look at full list of C and
Haskell entries for this benchmark - all qualified C programs used std
C/C++ libs, several really optimized entries was disqualified. and
then Don found genious solution to the problem - add this function to
GHC libs. or shootout wasn't first usage of this function?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com