[Haskell-cafe] Line noise

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 22 02:27:54 EDT 2008

Dan Piponi wrote:
> I suspect that most of the complaints about line noise stem
> from this - to beginners Haskell expressions just look like sequences
> of identifiers with no apparent grammar to "bind" them together.

This was the exact complaint that some people voiced, yes. (The (.) and
($) operators just compound the problem.)

Somebody else then came to my rescue and pointed out that "everybody
says Lisp is unreadable because it has too many brackets - despite the
fact that those brackets theoretically make parsing utterly trivial". ;-)