SOLVED. Re: [Haskell-cafe] Linker Errors For OpenGL / GLUT 'Hello World' Program.

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at
Sat Sep 20 22:13:34 EDT 2008

On 2008 Sep 20, at 22:10, Donnie Jones wrote:
> ghc -package GLUT -lglut Hello1.hs -o Hello1 --- works!  :)
> I'm not sure why I must specify "-package GLUT" and "-lglut" but
> that prevents the linker errors.  Also, shouldn't configure
> correctly figure out how to link the GLUT libraries?  Can someone
> explain?

You're overriding the information recorded by ghc-pkg (which is used
if you use ghc --make).

As for why configure doesn't work, I think you'd have to let someone
who knows the HOpenGL build stuff look at your system.

brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at