[Haskell-cafe] control-timeout with gtk

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Sep 18 16:07:29 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Adam Langley <agl at imperialviolet.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Judah Jacobson
> <judah.jacobson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a guess, but this might be a problem with control-timeout's use
>> of the unsafePerformIO global variables hack.  It's missing the
>> standard NOINLINE annotations which prevent multiple copies of the
>> global variable from being created.  See the haddock docs for
>> System.IO.Unsafe.unsafePerformIO for more information.
>
> That might well be it, should be an easy fix to try.
>
> I'm afraid that I don't have enough time to do justice to my packages
> on Hackage these days so I've just sent an email requesting that they
> be removed. Anyone who wants to maintain any of them should grab it
> now. The repos are all at http://darcs.imperialviolet.org

Could you please send a separate message, and hence a new thread, to
Haskell-Cafe asking for new maintainers to these libraries?  If you're
ready to hand over the role, that's the action which is most fair to
the community at large.

Thanks for your hard work and good luck in your other projects!

Jason
PS If you sent that email already and I missed it, then please disregard this.