[Haskell-cafe] Re: Windows console

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:13:08 EDT 2008

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> (Ignore all references you see to enabling ANSI.SYS in your config.sys
> file; this applies only to 16-bit MS-DOS programs, *not* to 32-bit
> Windows programs.)

You can add interpretation of ansi escape sequences to any win32
  program by launching the application through ansicon:

http://www.geocities.com/jadoxa/ansicon/index.html

Works on 32 bit windows. Works on 64 bit windows when running a
  32 bit application. Does not work for 64 bit application (since
  64 bit windows does not allow hooking of win64 api calls IIRC).
  For support of 32 bit programs on win64 you may need to apply
  a patch I sent to Jason. He probably did not apply it (he did
  not respond to my email). Check with me if you want it.

Peter.