[Haskell-cafe] packages and QuickCheck

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Tue Sep 9 18:07:52 EDT 2008

> My tests are making use of a nice console test runner I wrote that
> supports both HUnit and QuickCheck (and is extensible to other test
> providers by the user):
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/test-framework.

The description looks great! I might have to try it out.

I used HUnit with QuickCheck 2, so that I could run QC properties as HUnit
tests. QC2 has the added ability (over QC1) to run a property and return a
Bool instead of just exiting with an error, and that works nicely within
HUnit. Does test-framework do something else to support QC running
side-by-side with HUnit?

Sean