[Haskell-cafe] mailing list choices?

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Mon Sep 8 08:07:50 EDT 2008

The Yahoo mailing list server is notoriously unreliable and randomly
drops mails and/or drops people from lists because their email server
was temporarily refusing mails (4xx SMTP responses not 5xx). I also find
the Yahoo groups web interface absolutely awful; mailman's list archives
aren't great, but are ok for casual browsing, and you can download the
entire archives and load them up locally if you need to.

A quick look around Google groups suggests that my initial assumption
that it'd be as bad as Yahoo groups is probably unfounded. But if I
hadn't already given in and created a Google account for other things,
I'd be unhappy about doing so just for your list, given the way it
tracks your web browsing in ways that I don't entirely understand while
you are logged into it.