[Haskell-cafe] Re: ghc-6.11 + OpenGL/GLUT crashes on WinXP

Jefferson Heard jefferson.r.heard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 18:14:46 EDT 2008

Conal, are you using display lists at all?  I've had problems with
allocating lists, but you seem to be able to leave off the allocation
step in Windows on nVidia cards so long as you're careful not to
conflict names yourself.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Matti Niemenmaa
<matti.niemenmaa+news at iki.fi> wrote:
> Conal Elliott wrote:
>> I am using glut32 rather than freeglut (and no need for patching the darcs
>> GLUT).  I wonder if glut32-vs-freeglut could account for crash-vs-nocrash on
>> 6.10 and 6.11 but not 6.9.  I'd love to hear from someone on Windows and
>> glut32.
>
> Windows XP with SP3
> ghc-6.10.20081007
> glut32
>
> Works fine for me.
>
> Taking a look at my GL headers, I did have to mess with at least glut.h to get
> something to work---whether it was to build HOpenGL, to make programs linkable,
> or to make them runnable, I'm not sure. In any case, what I did was force
> GLUTAPIENTRY to be #defined as __stdcall.

I try to take things like a crow; war and chaos don't always ruin a
picnic, they just mean you have to be careful what you swallow.

-- Jessica Edwards