[Haskell-cafe] Re: ghc-6.11 + OpenGL/GLUT crashes on WinXP

Matti Niemenmaa matti.niemenmaa+news at iki.fi
Tue Oct 28 16:03:37 EDT 2008

Conal Elliott wrote:
> I am using glut32 rather than freeglut (and no need for patching the darcs
> GLUT).  I wonder if glut32-vs-freeglut could account for crash-vs-nocrash on
> 6.10 and 6.11 but not 6.9.  I'd love to hear from someone on Windows and
> glut32.

Windows XP with SP3
ghc-6.10.20081007
glut32

Works fine for me.

Taking a look at my GL headers, I did have to mess with at least glut.h to get
something to work---whether it was to build HOpenGL, to make programs linkable,
or to make them runnable, I'm not sure. In any case, what I did was force
GLUTAPIENTRY to be #defined as __stdcall.