[Haskell-cafe] Crash!

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 23 15:41:39 EDT 2008

On Oct 23, 2008, at 15:35 , Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
>> On Oct 23, 2008, at 14:31 , Andrew Coppin wrote:
>>> The point is... I'm not doing that. Gtk2hs is, but that's a well-
>>> tested library, so I very much doubt it's the source of the bug.
>>

>> Gtk+, on the other hand, can be quite buggy.
>
> Gtk+ buggy?
>
> Are we talking about the same Gtk+ that runs on the desktop of 50%
> of all the Linux machines on the plannet?
>
> Well, I've never noticed any problems with it... ;-)

I've found it fairly easy to crash on multiple Linux distributions
(never mind the non-Linux ones).  Run it with all defaults, it's
*probably* okay... don't try to configure it.  (I used to crash the
control center all the time just by trying to look at all the
available themes, before I gave up and switched to KDE.)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu