[Haskell-cafe] Re: Cabal package with library and tests

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Thu Oct 16 10:03:19 EDT 2008

You might consider looking at the EMGM cabal file in the source.

>>  https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/viewvc/dgp-haskell/EMGM/
>>
>>  > (...)
>
> From the site:
>
>  Échec de la connexion sécurisée
>  svn.cs.uu.nl:12443 utilise un certificat de sécurité invalide.
>  Le certificat n'est pas sûr car l'autorité délivrant le certificat est
>  inconnue.
>  (Code d'erreur : sec_error_unknown_issuer)

That looks like what I see in Firefox when I go to a site that's using a
non-verified SSL certificate. Is that from Firefox and not from the site?
But if it is due to the site, I'm not surprised, but I don't have any
control over that. If the SSL certificate bothers you, you can also look at
the Cabal file and the other source on the Hackage page:

  http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/emgm

But of course the Setup.lhs is not there.

The test argument to Setup seems nice. Is there some
> already defined on the hook for tests?

Yes, that's the 'runTests' that we use. It's documented in the Cabal user's
guide:

http://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/latest/doc/users-guide/builders.html#setup-test

Sean