[Haskell-cafe] Re: Ubuntu Haskell

Ariel J. Birnbaum valgarv at gmx.net
Mon Oct 13 22:52:26 EDT 2008

> Pray tell, what kind of feats are expected of such a champion?

No answer. I guess my failed attempt at chivalrous-sounding wit killed the
message. I'll rephrase:

Does the job consist of:
Maintaining an independent repository of Haskell packages configured and
compiled for the current (probably also in-development) version of Ubuntu?
Getting (some of) these packages added into the distro itself?
Tracking bug reports, routing them upstream when appropriate?
Submitting patches upstream?

Is it something "anyone" can do or would one need "official" ties to Ubuntu
(e.g a MOTU)?

Also, how much exposure to the packages' source would it imply? My employer is
rather paranoid about its coders being "contaminated" by third-party code =P.

While I'm asking --- maybe we should target Debian first/also/instead?

Cheers
--
Ariel J. Birnbaum