[Haskell-cafe] Pandoc questions

David Menendez dave at zednenem.com
Sun Oct 12 11:29:48 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Andrew Coppin
<andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Also, while Markdown *almost* does what I want, there are a few small
> constructs it doesn't have. For example, I'd like to have some way to denote
> a "term" the first time I use it. I could just use italics, but I'd prefer
> some way to visually indicate that this isn't just an emphasised word, it's
> a new technical term. In HTML, I'd use a style class,

Markdown allows arbitrary HTML tags, so you can just put the terms in
a <dfn> element.

I don't know if that will work with the LaTeX conversion. Markdown is
specifically designed to produce HTML, so it's not clear to me how
Pandoc does any of the non-HTML output formats.

--
Dave Menendez <dave at zednenem.com>
<http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/>