[Haskell-cafe] Shooting your self in the foot with Haskell

Simon Richard Clarkstone simon.clarkstone at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 22:32:19 EDT 2008

John Van Enk wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:21 PM, John Van Enk <vanenkj at gmail.com
> <mailto:vanenkj at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Simon Richard Clarkstone
>> <simon.clarkstone at gmail.com <mailto:simon.clarkstone at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> BTW, these could go on the wiki.
>> I'll see about putting them there. :)
>
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Shooting_your_self_in_the_foot
>
> This needs to be cleaned up a little (lots of dups, though they are all
> great).

You missed my one, though I think the "ballistics algebra" one is better.

ISTR that the point of the original list was originally to show that,
though you can screw up with C, with every other language you can screw
up in far more complicated and inscrutable ways.  Ballistics algebra is
indeed a way to screw up that is not possible in C.

(Darnit Thunderbird, why don't you DWIM when I hit reply or reply-all?)

--
src/