[Haskell-cafe] Problem with package consistency on Hackage

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 09:31:53 EDT 2008

Folks,

I'm not sure who to email about this, but hopefully someone on the cafe knows:

On the machine which builds the Hackage packages the 'binary' package
is built against 'bytestring-0.9.1.2', however the package I just
uploaded gets built against 'bytestring-0.9.1.3' which leades to
typecheck failures (the ByteStrings I get from the 'binary' package
are not the same as all the other ByteStrings).  See:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/uuid/1.0.0/logs/failure/ghc-6.8

If I wait will Hackage eventually become consistent?  How does this work?

Thanks,
Antoine