[Haskell-cafe] OT: Haskell desktop wallpaper?

Jim Snow jsnow at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Oct 9 02:32:18 EDT 2008

Ray tracing about a million spheres in a regular grid with reflections:

lattice =
 let n = 50 :: Flt
 in bih [sphere (vec x y z) 0.2 | x <- [(-n)..n],

I don't remember if I disabled shadows for that particular render.

There are some more screenshots on the Glome web page, but most of them
were rendered in my Ocaml ray tracer and are low resolution:

I just now rendered a level 5 sphereflake (a standard benchmark scene
from Eric Haine's standard procedural database):

It took about a minute and a half to parse, sort, and render with about
98k spheres.