[Haskell-cafe] Linux binary dist problems

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Oct 6 16:08:50 EDT 2008

Hi Colin,

I only know about one other option:
Try user mode linux / qemu / anotehr virtualziing software and setup the
environment within that which you need... :-(
Another thing you could try is installing nix (nixos.org) (software
distirbution
system).. It bootstraps current ghc via ghc-6.4.2 from binaries / source
automatically (Don't think older compilers are supported than 6.4.x) but
you'll get a complete copy of each system lib within the store
direcotry. So you need some disk space.  And I can't guarantee that it
works out of the box..  (it works with 2.6.9 kernel.. don't know about
older ones)

If all you want to do is toying around I can give you an ssh account to
my server which has ghc installed.
Anyway be prepared that there is no IDE support coming close to what
Eclipse provides for the Java language..

Sincerly
Marc