[Haskell-cafe] maybe a goal and challenge for the Haskell in terms of scientific computing

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Sat Oct 4 11:02:39 EDT 2008

FWIW, I always thought that Haskell, and in particular, ghci, would be
a great environment for statistics.  I've used R a bit, and while it
has a functional flavor to it, I find Haskell much nicer for
programming.  We just need a nice data frame type: a sliceable,
labelable¹ multi-dimensional array.

(Of course, the real value in such a package is in the extent of
libraries.)

-k

¹) Please accept my apologies if you are native English speaker.