[Haskell-cafe] Announcing OneTuple-0.1.0

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 22:32:41 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Luke Palmer <lrpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, unboxed tuples are not really lifted nor unlifed, since you
> can't even pass one to a function.

It's true that unboxed tuples are not first-class. But what I mean by
"unlifted" is that the type (# Int, Int #), when interpreted as a set,
does not contain _|_ as an element (and I'm purposely conflating the
unlifted/liftedness distinction with the unboxed/boxness distinction
here). Is that what you mean, or do you mean something else?

> I like to pretend tuples are unlifted.  Here's how I do it:

Sure. But the compiler won't check that assumption for you. I don't
know whether that has anything to do with the original question,
though :-)

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"If you don't understand the causes, it is impossible to come up with