[Haskell-cafe] Building gtkhs, OpenSolaris x86

Lally Singh lally.singh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 16:08:00 EDT 2008

Hey folks,

  I know it seems an obtuse OS to build on, but trust me, it's pretty
nice despite the hassles.

  I'm getting these three errors (repeated a few times) while building
gtkhs-0.9.13 on ghc 6.8.3, and was hoping for any suggestions on where
to go from here:

tools/c2hs/base/general/Map.hs:16:7:
    Could not find module `Data.Map':
      it is a member of package containers-0.1.0.2, which is hidden
tools/c2hs/base/errors/Errors.hs:44:0:
    Failed to load interface for `Position':
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
glib/System/Glib.hs:13:0:
    Failed to load interface for `System.Glib.UTFString':
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

What did I screw up?  Is there something else I should load?  Maybe an
older version of gtkhs? ghc?

Thanks for any help!
--
H. Lally Singh