[Haskell-cafe] Announcing OneTuple-0.1.0
haskell at colquitt.org
Thu Oct 2 02:56:08 EDT 2008
Much attention has been paid over the years to the regrettable
omission of singleton tuples from Haskell.
I am pleased to announce OneTuple, a humble implementation of the
singleton tuple for Haskell. Now you can:
* Wrap a single value of any type in a OneTuple !
* Pattern match to retrieve your value !
* Solve any of the software problems that cannot be solved without
the singleton tuple !
* Enjoy instances for all the classes normal tuples have, plus more !
* Proclaim feature parity with Python !
Note: the singleton tuple does not support tuple syntax.
Contributions are welcome. The project could use a tutorial, and a
decent test suite. Strict singleton tuples are planned for the next
More information about the Haskell-Cafe