[Haskell-cafe] Cabal

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 30 05:57:04 EST 2008

Thomas Schilling wrote:
> Cabal-the-install-tool (package "cabal-install") is actually a
> different program that sits on top of Cabal-the-library, and it is in
> fact what really provides the real advantages.  Together with Hackage
> this is what provides the killer feature of "cabal install foo",
> however it relies on the building features and meta-data of Cabal.

As I understand it, that's also a seperate download. (Whereas the cabal
library comes with GHC.)

One day, if I feel hard-core enough, I might try this tool. (Assuming it
works on Windows...) It sounds potentially useful. (Although most actual
packages typically have one, maybe two dependencies that aren't already
installed, if that.)