[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: haskell-src-exts 0.4.1

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 08:59:43 EST 2008

> Any chance of including support for view patterns in a future release?
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/syntax-extns.html#view-patterns
> . The project I'm writing using HSE makes significant use of view
> patterns, and it would be lovely if I could be self applicable :-)

Chance, definitely. In the perfect world, HSE would support everything
that any Haskell compiler supports, so you might say I "plan" to
include every extension, it's just a question of time and priority.
And getting explicit requests for a particular feature certainly
increases the latter. (Oh how I wish it would increase the former

Cheers,

/Niklas