[Haskell-cafe] Searching for ADT patterns with elem and find

Tom Nielsen tanielsen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 07:39:50 EST 2008

somebody pointed out a few months back that list comprehensions do this nicely:

containsTypeB ts = not $ null [x | (B x) <- ts]

no need for defining isTypeB.

not quite sure how you would write findBs :: [T]->[T] succinctly; maybe

findBs ts = [b | b@(B _) <- ts]

or

findBs ts = [B x | (B x) <- ts]

both of them compile but the first is ugly and the second is
inefficient (Tags a new T for every hit).

Tom