[Haskell-cafe] Re: Automatic parallelism in Haskell, similar to "make -j4"?

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 05:11:33 EST 2008

Excerpts from Chad Scherrer's message of Tue Nov 04 21:34:01 -0600 2008:
> Does anyone have any thought what it would take to get this going?
>
> Chad

Currently, franchise supports building in parallel with a -j flag, but
the code could definitely be optimized (in my experience, running with
something like -j3 on my dual core reduces compile times with
franchise on arbitrary projects about 20% currently.) During the 2008
SOC, there was also work on adding this support to cabal, which
eventually ended up as the hbuild project.

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/wiki/HBuild

darcs get http://darcs.net/repos/franchise

Austin