[Haskell-cafe] a minimal Windows program in Haskell?

Nun Aurbiz nunofaurbiz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 22:18:12 EST 2008

How do I make a minimal Windows application in Haskell?  I know there are Win API bindings in the libraries, and of course the ffi lets you call into and out of C, but I have no sense of how to bring it all together.  I can't find any samples either.

Is the Haskell code the "main" application and you just ffi into the Win API?  Or does it ffi into a win_main.c that I write?  Or is the win_main.c the "main" application and it calls into Haskell?

Here is what I am talking about by a "minimal Windows application" (written in psuedo C code).

#include <windows.h>

LRESULT CALLBACK windowsProcedure(..) {
    switch(message) {
        case WM_CLOSE: