[Haskell-cafe] Re: Damnit, we need a CPAN.

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 30 15:52:43 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 16:33 +0200, Chaddaï Fouché wrote:
> 2008/5/30 Achim Schneider <barsoap at web.de>:
> > I already was pleasantly surprised when discovering cabal-install, I
> > think it deserves some more prominence, or even integration into cabal
> > itself, to make everyone aware of the fact that there's such a thing as
> > automatic installation and tempt people to make it work.
> I completely agree, cabal-install is very nice, and should be more widely known.

Fear not, we are working towards a release :-)

In fact in just the last couple days I've committed a new dependency
resolver which should solve the dreaded diamond dependency problem:

It can, for example, construct valid install plans for yi.

There are a few more bits to clean up before I enable it by default and
ask for wider testing.