[Haskell-cafe] Damnit, we need a CPAN.

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri May 30 12:41:43 EDT 2008

Hi

> Our reason to not commtting Grapefruit to Hackage so far was that this would
> mean making an official release and we thought that Grapefruit is not yet
> ready for this.  However, I might be wrong in the sense that also despite its
> current deficiencies, Grapefruit should be available from Hackage.  What do
> you think?

Release it on hackage. Releasing to hacking means other people might
find it useful - not that it is ready for production use. I think
other people on this thread have already said they want it, so a
hackage release is the way to go.

I sometimes release to hackage with no accouncement, just to make it
easier for users to use certain packages. For example, I doubt anyone
has heard of the homeomorphic package, but I have released it to
hackage.

Thanks

Neil