[Haskell-cafe] WebSense doesn't like darcs.haskell.org

Benjamin L. Russell dekudekuplex at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 23:31:17 EDT 2008

--- On Fri, 5/30/08, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:

> > I used to be able to get to darcs.haskell.org just
> fine, but apparently a
> > /hacking directory was added somewhere, so WebSense
> put it on the naughty list.

Heh, unbelievable.  As if the type of hacker interested in DoD attacks (properly actually called a "cracker," but not a "hacker") would put related files in a directory actually labelled "/hacking."

I'm not a hacker in that sense, but if I were, I would call such a directory something innocuous, such as "/misc."

Perhaps now we need to consider renaming "Hackage" (http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hackage)?  ;-)

Benjamin L. Russell