[Haskell-cafe] Re: HaXml and the XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed May 21 08:40:58 EDT 2008

Peter Gammie <peteg42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you lay out some kind of plan for HaXml? (is 1.13.x now dead, is
> 1.19.x stable, ...?) This would help for new-ish projects like mine.

The 1.13.x stable branch sees minimal maintenance only, mostly to repair
it to build after each new release of ghc breaks something.

Versions 1.14 - 1.19 (i.e. the darcs repo) introduce several API
changes.  I think those have now pretty-much stablised, but
unfortunately the work to realise the benefit of those changes
throughout the codebase is still incomplete in some places.  That is why
I have not frozen and released this branch as 2.0 yet.

For forward compatibility I would definitely recommend that a new
project using HaXml should start with the 1.19 branch, not 1.13.

Regards,
    Malcolm