[Haskell-cafe] cabal Setup.hs configure - cabal doesnt produce a setup-config

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 17:11:50 EDT 2008

On 2008.05.19 06:53:22 +1000, geoffrey <lordgeoffrey at optushome.com.au> scribbled 1.8K characters:
>    Hi,
>    I am trying to install nanocurses, but cabal isn't creating the setup-config file in dist/
>    I have run (and re-run) runghc Setup.hs configure
>    The first time it complained about mpg123 (whatever that is) so i installed the other
>    dependencies - unix & bytestring

The mpg123 warning is leftover from hmp3; mpg123 is a media player hmp3 needs to actually play the audio files. I hadn't noticed it. Obviously it has no relevance to a curses binding, so I've edited that out and uploaded a small version bump.

>    Then i tried to re-run setup configure for nano again. Configure creates the dist directory
>    but no files.
>    I have deleted and untarred the files and retried,but to no avail.
>    Any clues?
>    Thanks.
>    (OS: Ubuntu hardy, GHC: 6.8.2)

Dunno. If Cabal usually works for you, but just no with nanocurses, my guess would be perhaps the mpg123 check is causing the configure script to bail out?

AVIP DCSS SAS PGP Scud counter rs9512c Meta-hackers Fax IW