[Haskell-cafe] haskell compiler on NetBSD amd64

Emil Skoeldberg emil.skoldberg at nuigalway.ie
Sat May 10 05:35:12 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 10:21:19PM -0700, Donn Cave wrote:
> So here I am with 64 bit Athlon hardware, running amd64
> NetBSD (a.k.a. x86_64), reasonably motivated to compile
> Haskell.  From what I make of the porting instructions,

So, we are in the same boat then!

> my only hope is to install FreeBSD-amd64 on another
> partition and download the 6.6.1 ghc for that platform,
> use it to generate .hc files to build 6.6.1 on NetBSD,
> and then use 6.6.1 to build 6.8 or whatever the current
> version may be by the time I get there?

But what I thought was rather to go with OpenBSD, since I
figured that it would be closer to NetBSD (You can e.g. build
ghc on OpenBSD using NetBSD-generated .hc files on i386),
and generate the .hc files on OpenBSD. I have unfortunately
not got any further than getting an openbsd partition though,
have not had the time to get into the actual porting.

Emil

--
Emil Sköldberg