[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Twitter Client

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri May 9 15:31:25 EDT 2008

On 2008.05.09 16:23:03 +0200, Chris Eidhof <chris at eidhof.nl> scribbled 0.6K characters:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I was tired of all those graphical Twitter clients that aren't usable from
> my Terminal, so I wrote my own. It's still very much alpha, but comments or
> improvements are more than welcome. You can install it by downloading the
> twitter-package from hackage.
>
> In order to get it to work, create a file "~/.twitter" with the contents
> username:password, and you should be set.
>
> The source code isn't polished yet, but it makes heavy use of the new curl,
> json and xml libraries from Galois, so it might be interesting to browse
> the source.
>
> -chris

For those interested, the links is <http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/twitter-0.1>. Hackage reports a build-failure, but I think that particular problem is because of Curl's Haddock failure.

That said, I did run into a build problem:

---

gwern at localhost:4089~/twitter-0.1>cabal-install twitter [ 3:30PM]
'twitter-0.1' is cached.
Configuring twitter-0.1...
Preprocessing executables for twitter-0.1...
Building twitter-0.1...

./Twitter.hs:3:7:
    Could not find module `GUI.Terminal':
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
twitter-0.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

---

Is GUI.Terminal some special Mac haskell package I wouldn't have on Linux?

--
gwern
Retinal NACSI Global Branch RUOP Team Embassy presidential Kerry SETA