[Haskell-cafe] I am new to haskell

Darrin Thompson darrinth at gmail.com
Thu May 8 11:24:36 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Benjamin L. Russell
<dekudekuplex at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  * Kees Doets and Jan van Eijck: The Haskell Road to Logic, Maths and Programming,

As someone approaching haskell with very rusty math skills, this book
has been invaluable. My haskell skills are (mostly) beyond what the
text is covering, but I'm dutifully working through the math problems
as doing it (partway through chapter 4 now, yay!) has sharpened my
thinking already. The end result is that I can already sort of read
some of the Haskell research papers like the Fusion one.

Also, Jan van Eijck is pretty responsive and untangled my mind from
time to time.

--
Darrin