[Haskell-cafe] "doctest" for haskell -- a good project?

Arnar Birgisson arnarbi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 15:33:40 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
>  Adding documentation ficilities to ghci is nice,
>  however my experience is that documentation is not complete everywhere.
>  That's why I'm looking at source code directly (thus having doc strings if given
>  else I can have look at source directly).

This reminds me of a very handy feature in ipython (a custom python
repl) - you can type

name?

which prints the docstring associated with name (which can be a
function, module, class etc.) - but if you type

name??

you get the docstring _and_ the source code (colorized and all :). I
use it a lot when I'm experimenting in a interactive session. I could
see something similar for haskell being very useful, to me at least.

Arnar