[Haskell-cafe] [GSoC] A data parallel physics engine

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 12 16:19:39 EDT 2008

Bas van Dijk wrote:
> A bit offtopic but slightly related:
> I just added a GSoC project proposal about adding a nVidia CUDA
> backend to Data Parallel Haskell:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1537
>
> It would be great if this physics engine or matrix library could run
> on a CUDA enabled nVidia "graphics" card!

That looks to me like something that would be amazingly cool if it was
done successfully (and a pretty "killer feature" for using Haskell in
general) - but it looks like a HELL of a lot of work to bring it from
being a pipe dream to a practical reality...

OTOH, I don't build compilers for a living, so...?