[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Related Reading

Darrin Thompson darrinth at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 09:53:53 EDT 2008

I have a trip coming up and might have some reading time. I was hoping to
get through some of the classics, bananas and lenses, the essence, etc.

So I have a few questions:

Bananas and lenses et. al. uses some notation that I don't understand right
out of the gate. Is there a good primer on whatever that brand of double
bars and arrows means?

The essense of functional programming looks good, I could understand it when
I skimmed it but can I print it out on US letter? The PDF at citeseer was
aligned badly. (Essece seemed like a fabulous intro or chapter 2 on getting
used to monads. Better than most stuff on the web. Funny that...)

I'm also interested in FRP as it might relate to web programming. Anyone
have a recommendation?

--
Darrin