[Haskell-cafe] Access to Oracle database from Haskell

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Jun 26 11:04:41 EDT 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, John Goerzen wrote:

> Henning Thielemann wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, John Goerzen wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't read this entire thread, but I might also just interject here
>>> that HDBC supports ODBC (on Windows, and on Linux/Posix platforms via
>>> unixODBC, iODBC, or similar), which may be another avenue for you to
>>> try.  I'm sure there are ODBC Oracle drivers out there, and so if you
>>> have your ODBC layer working, you get Haskell support easily.
>>
>> This was actually how the thread started: I don't get ODBC for Oracle
>> working on Linux. :-(
>>   Maybe this is an unixODBC issue - is iODBC an API-compatible replacement?
>
> Yes, iODBC is.

Ok, I gave also iODBC a try and installed
   libiodbc-3.52.6-1.i386.rpm
   libiodbc-admin-3.52.6-1.i386.rpm
   libiodbc-devel-3.52.6-1.i386.rpm

After a bit of configuration I called:

$ iodbctest NMR2
iODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor
Driver Manager: 03.52.0607.1008
1: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.4/client/lib/libsqora.so.10.1: undefined
symbol: _tcsnccmp (0) SQLSTATE=00000
2: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded (0) SQLSTATE=IM003

What is _tcsnccmp and where can I get it from? I hope it is nothing
Windows specific.

Google suggests that its prototype is:
   int _tcsnccmp(const _TXCHAR* string1, const _TXCHAR* string2, size_t count);